Sound Devices’ first miniature transmitter incorporates state-of-the-art features such as full remote control via the A20-Remote app, GainForward Architecture, internal 32-bit float recording, a worldwide tuning range of 470 MHz – 694 MHz, and more. The A20-Mini is fully compatible with Sound Devices’ existing A10 Digital Wireless System.
- - Full remote control of the Mini via A20-Remote companion app. Control frequency and RF power, turn the Mini on and off, start and stop recording, mute the microphone, format the media, view the status of all your Minis, and more.
- - GainForward Architecture: set the Mini’s gain levels via trim control (with an 8-Series) or at the A10-RX (other mixers).
- - Full 10 Hz – 20 kHz audio bandwidth; 100% digital RF modulation and transmission. Same excellent range and audio quality as the A10-TX.
- - Worldwide tuning range of 470 MHz – 694 MHz.
- - Built-in 32-bit float, 48 kHz recorder with 64 GB storage for over 80 hours of record time.
- - Offload recorded WAV files via USB-C and optionally conform/convert with SD-Utility.
- - Powering via AAA or NP-BX1 (Li-Ion) with built-in charging for NP-BX1 Li-Ion battery.
- - Internal supercapacitor-powered timecode generator can be jammed via USB-C.
- - Water-resistant with a rounded form factor.
The A20-Mini digital wireless transmitter combines legendary British audio quality with the best of American design. The sleek, rounded form fits perfectly into body contours and underneath tight clothing.
Control the A20-Mini from your phone or tablet via Bluetooth 5.2 with companion app A20-Remote. Set frequency and RF power, turn the Mini on and off, start and stop recording, mute the microphone, format the media, view the status of all your Minis, and more. The A20-Mini’s high-efficiency internal 2.4 GHz antenna ensures excellent Bluetooth range.
With the Mini’s GainForward Architecture, easily set the Mini’s gain, low-cut, and limiter directly on your 8-Series. This immediate, local control of gain allows quick adaptation to changing volume levels and saves time during production.
32-bit float recording.
The A20-Mini records in 32-bit float for an astounding >130 dB of dynamic range. This allows for audio gain decisions to be made after recording, with zero loss in headroom or noise performance.
Built-in 64 GB media.
No more SD card management – the ample-sized media stores more than 80 hours of continuous, uncompressed 32-bit float recording. Simply offload the recorded WAV files via the high-speed USB-C port to a computer.
Never lose time.
The Mini’s ultra-accurate 0.2 ppm internal timecode generator can be jammed via USB-C with negligible drift over a 24-hour period.
Flexible, worldwide operation.
With a built-in 470 MHz to 694 MHz UHF tuning range, your Mini can go wherever work takes you.
Use off-the-shelf rechargeable or AAA batteries – no adapter needed. 3 AAA batteries or a rechargeable Sony NP-BX1 give you the ultimate in powering flexibility. You can even recharge the NP-BX1 via the Mini’s USB-C.
With its extensive gasketing and waterproof connectors, the A20-Mini can easily withstand water and sweat.
Optional accessory provides easy battery charging, file transfer, and timecode jamming of up to eight A20-Minis at a time. Powered via DC (TA4) or USB-C (USB-PD).