- Selectable output power to maximize battery life or operating range
- Ultra-lightweight, corrosion resistant housing
- Water resistant seals for use in damp environments
- LCD interface with lockout option
- Programmable compatibility modes for use with a wide variety of different receivers
- Servo Bias input circuitry
- IR (infrared) port for fast setup
- Covers 3 standard frequency blocks
- Update firmware in the field via Micro SD card reader
- alternatively usable internal microSDHC recorder (simultaneous transmission / recording is not possible)
To meet the demand for both extended operating range and extended battery life, the SMDWB/E01 transmitter offer selectable output power from 10, 25 and 50 mW. With higher power output, the operating range is improved at the expense of battery life. When range is not an issue, the power can be reduced to extend the battery life.
The SMDWB/E01 transmitter offer a hands free setup and adjustment using audible tones. The transmitters can be put to sleep to conserve battery power during setup while the transmitter is buried deep inside cos- tuming, then awakened for normal operation when the production begins. Other features include frequency and audio level adjustment and control lockout.
The DSP-based design works with all Digital Hybrid receivers, and is backward compatible for use IFB receivers and some other brands of analog wireless receivers. (Companion receivers are covered in separate manuals.)
The input section features the unique servo bias input circuitry with a standard TA5M type jack for use with electret lavaliere mics, dynamic mics, or line level signals. A DSP-controlled analog audio limiter is employed ahead of the rst mic preamp to protect the entire audio chain from overload. The limiter has a range of more than 30 dB for excellent overload protection and a dual release envelope that makes the limiter acoustically transparent while maintaining low distortion. The limiter recovers quickly from brief transients, with no distortion.
A water resistant control panel with LCD, membrane switches and multi-color LEDs make input gain adjustments, frequency and compatibility mode selection quick and accurate. The battery compartment accepts lithium AA batteries.
The SMDWB/E01 housing is machined from solid aluminum block to provide an extremely lightweight and rugged package. A special non-corrosive nish resists salt water exposure and perspiration in extreme environ- ments.
Frequency Tuning Range
RF-intense multichannel and mobile venues must have a broad selection of frequencies available to alleviate interference problems, especially with the emergence of DTV telecasts. 3072 frequencies are selectable in 25 or 100 kHz steps across the 76.8 MHz tuning range of each frequency band.
*Tuning range varies slightly in the different bands
*Digital Hybrid Wireless® is a patented design that combines 24-bit digital audio with an analog FM radio link to provide outstanding audio quality and the extended operating range of the finest analog wireless systems.
The design overcomes channel noise in a dramatically different way, digitally encoding the audio in the transmitter and decoding it in the receiver, yet still sending the encoded information via an analog FM wireless link.
This proprietary algorithm is not a digital implementation of an analog compandor. Instead, it is a technique which can be accomplished only in the digital domain, even though the audio inputs and outputs are analog signals.
**US Patent 7,225,135
- Band A1: 470.100 - 537.575
- Band B1: 537.600 - 614.375
- Band B2: 563.200 - 639.975
- Band C1: 614.400 - 691.175
Channel Spacing: Selectable; 25 or 100 kHz
RF Power output: Switchable; 10, 25 or 50 mW
Compatibility Modes: Digital Hybrid Wireless® (NU Hbr), 200 Series, 100 Series, Mode 3, Mode 6, IFB
Pilot tone (Digital Hybrid Mode): 25 to 32 kHz; 5 kHz deviation
Frequency stability: ± 0.002%
Deviation: ± 50 kHz max. (Digital Hybrid Mode)
Spurious radiation: Compliant with ETSI EN 300 422-1
Equivalent input noise: –125 dBV, A-weighted
- If set for dynamic mic: 0.5 mV to 50 mV before limiting Greater than 1 V with limiting
- If set for electret lavaliere mic: 1.7 uA to 170 uA before limiting. Greater than 5000 uA (5 mA) with limiting
- Line level input: 17 mV to 1.7 V before limiting Greater than 50 V with limiting
- Dynamic mic: 300 Ohms
- Electret lavaliere: Input is virtual ground with servo adjusted constant current bias
- Line level: 2.7 k ohms
Input limiter: Soft limiter, 30 dB range
Bias voltages: Fixed 5 V at up to 5 mA. Selectable 2 V or 4 V servo bias for any electret lavaliere
Gain control range: 44 dB; panel mounted membrane switches
Modulation indicators: Dual bicolor LEDs indicate modulation –20, -10, 0, +10 dB referenced to full modulation
Controls: Control panel w/ LCD and 4 membrane switches
Low frequency roll-off: Adjustable from 35 to 150 Hz
Audio Frequency Response: 35 Hz to 20 kHz, +/-1 dB
Signal to Noise Ratio (dB) / (overall system, 400 Series mode):
SmartNR No Limiting w/Limiting
OFF 103.5 108.0
NORMAL 107.0 111.5
FULL 108.5 113.0
(Note: the dual envelope “soft” limiter provides exceptionally good handling of transients using variable attack and release time constants. The gradual onset of limiting in the design begins below full modulation, which reduces the measured gure for SNR without limiting by 4.5 dB)
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.2% typical (400 Series mode)
Audio Input Jack: Switchcraft 5-pin locking (TA5F)
Battery: AA lithium, disposable
Battery Life w/ Lithium AA:
SMWB 50 mW (1 AA):
SMWB 100 mW (1 AA):
SMDWB 50 mW (2 AA):
SMDWB 100 mW (2 AA):
Weight (w/ litium batteries): 3.7 oz.. (105 grams)
Overall Dimensions (without microphone): 2.3 x 2.4 x 0.64 inches; 58 x 60 x 16 mm
Emission Designator: 180KF3E
Storage media: microSDHC memory card
File format: .wav les (BWF)
A/D converter: 24- bit
Sampling rate: 44.1 kHz
Recording modes/Bit rate:
- HD mono mode: 24 bit - 144 kbytes/s, 32 bit - 192 kbytes/s
- Split gain mode: 24 bit - 288 kbytes/s, 32 bit - 384 kbytes/s
- Type: Analog mic/line level compatible; servo bias preamp for 2V and 4V lavaliere microphones
- Input level: Dynamic mic: 0.5 mV to 50 mV, Electret mic: Nominal 2 mV to 300 mV, Line level: 17 mV to 1.7 V
- Input connector: TA5M 5-pin male
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz; +0.5/-1.5 dB
- Dynamic range: 110 dB (A), before limiting
- Distortion: < 0.035%
Operating temperature range
- Celsius: -20 to 50
- Fahrenheit: -5 to 122
Specifications subject to change without notice.